Friday, February 29, 2008

teardrop


I was looking for my favorite piece of art in The Museum of Modern Art in Reykjavik. I went to the exhibition hall. It was on the ground level. In the right side there was a few big windows reaching from the ground to the top of the building. I was being encouraged to go outside by them. It looked like an open surface, but of course it was not open – there was a glass in windows… glass with drops of rain on it… I found a plate with an inscription: “Harpa Arnadottir. They hang on the heavenly hooks (the tears). I stand for a while under a roof of rain.”
My first impression was that it is about those windows… but it was strange… it is not a roof… then I sow it: a pane with a drops of rain above me! The cottectoion between inside and outside of a museum, between the museum and the exhibition, the tears of rain and the tears in my soul…

No comments: